Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Shoes glorious shoes!

I'm not usually one to idolise and employ creative adjectives when it comes to shoes. To me they serve a practical purpose, as an expensive and glossy way of boosting my 5ft 4 credentials to a 'rangy' 5ft6.

My black Christian Louboutin Bianca's have been my trusted friend in vertically challenged times, but recently I've found myself tempted by some of the more exciting collections of SS 2011.

And here are my favourites from Louboutin, Brian Atwood, Charlotte Olympia and Rupert Sanderson, for it is at their well-heeled alter that I bow.


Rupert Sanderson

Theme: This collection makes me swoon, as its sexy and playful at the same time- crucially without looking cheap or tacky. The shape might not be very original, however there will never be a shoe that comes as close to flattering any body or outfit as the  stacked platform and the stiletto heel.

Rupert Sanderson - Shoes - 2011 Spring-Summer
Rupert Sanderson - Shoes - 2011 Spring-Summer

Rupert Sanderson - Shoes - 2011 Spring-Summer
Christian Louboutin

I cannot say I like all of these, but some I would happily wear, especially the first shoe with the laser cut flowers. This collection is also far more whimsical than previous ones and this is especially pronounced in the tape-measurer shoe. I do applaud this boldness because no one wants to buy into a brand that doesn't evolve, remember Herve Leger (eek)?





Charlotte Olympia

Same old, same old anyone?


Charlotte Olympia Spring 2011 Shoes Collection




Brian Atwood

From the man who gave us the heel of the year- the Maniac. Personally I am disappointed with this latest offering. I do not like heels that are fussy, but of course can be objective in giving credit where credit's due. However, when I look at this collection I picture a certain category of women from ex-soviet states with pasty plump legs and frizzy hair pairing these with matching animal print (especially the zebra ones and the black mesh ones). I just think something about the whole collection is off. It does playful, but the wrong sort of playful: you end up more of a joke than a tease.



spring 2011 brian atwood shoes

brian atwood footwear spring 2011brian atwood sandalsbrian atwood shoes
brian atwood shoes collection
brian atwood shoes 2011
brian atwood shoes summer 2011



 

No comments:

Post a Comment