Sunday, 16 January 2011

This WOULDN'T be the first time.

Uh-oh. We've all heard that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" but really, how blatant is this!

I love Victoria Beckham dresses.
I love her dresses because I love Roland Mouret dresses.
And RM loves VB.
And so he lets her love his dresses so much, that well, she makes his dresses- her dresses. Get me?

So I was browsing the VB collection 2011 and notice that well, this yellow dress is a near copy of RM's Orion dress that I was lusting over.

Correct me if I'm wrong- But I don't think you will....





Victoria Beckham Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

large product imagelarge product image


Here is another stark example of VB being 'inspired' by another designer. The VB dress is on the left and the earlier Osman Yousefzada dress on the right. You be the judge.



Victoria BeckhamOsman

But to be honest. Although I recognise that credit does not solely lie with Ms B, I still think that her personal style is faultless and so, all is forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment