Sunday, 30 January 2011

Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need...

...Voltaire certainly got the last two right.

So it has been a REALLY long week for me. I obviously spent the entire week working overtime in my windowless office. 7 hours into my day I was literally getting major cabin fever and began to fantasise about a weekend spent in idle bliss: reading, eating and lying in bed. 

Also we are not allowed to check personal emails and all internet browsing in MONITORED. So in lieu of checking net-a-porter, I was reading industry reports and compiling evidence for hearings.

I might buy a cactus and put it on my desk- or at least some art to pin to my bare pin-board.


Pruitt-Igoe in St. Louis, public housing demolished after only 22 years. Read the post, here.

Pruitt-Igoe in St. Louis, public housing demolished after only 22 years.






Source




No comments:

Post a Comment