Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Net-a-porter New Arrivals: Alessandra Rich

Alessandra Rich is a new designer who has caught my eye. Her collection is now stocked by Net-a-porter and is a curious amalgam of classic and futuristic elements.  The neon flashes in some of the pieces are on right on trend with the direction been taken by other designers this season, like Christopher Kane.

However, the dresses are really statement pieces and require a fittingly extravagant occasion.  One thing that struck me when I saw them was that they reminded me of beautifully restored 1920s vintage couture with modernised elements. And I do think that's quite special and unique.



large product image




large product image

Cotton and silk-blend gown

£2,230

large product image

Belted cotton-blend and lace gown

£2,515


No comments:

Post a Comment