Sunday, 8 May 2011

Chanel Fall A/W 2011 Handbags







If you are lucky enough to own a Chanel handbag, you will be painfully aware of the fact that one Chanel is never enough.


 You tell yourself/ your dad/ mum/ boyfriend or other unfortunate person about to expend 2k on a piece of leather with a chain that this will be IT- no more outlandish requests, you are going to wear and treasure this one till the end of your days. Other bags, what other bags? This is it, I promise.


Well thats what I said anyway. Now a few years down the line I own 5 and am hankering for more. 


Luckily Karl and I are old friends and he understands my predicament. Hence, he designed his latest bag collection specifically with me in mind.


Not my cup of tea at all, there is no way I'll be acquiring any of these pieces (well at least from the pictures). I am all for this season's structured bag trend, but these are just a bit unoriginal- the chains remind me of those on the Marc Jacobs Stam bag, and the shapes look a bit like Victoria Beckham's structured handbags- in very similar colours too. Chanel should either stick to what its good at or else, give us something original. The same old regurgitations aren't particularly exciting, if you ask me.


But that's what friends are for. I think I just heard my savings and credit cards issue a collective sigh of relief. Thanks Karl.






















No comments:

Post a Comment