Monday, 30 May 2011

Wedding Fever!

Everyone knows just how important finding the right dress is to a bride on her wedding day. But it's often just as much of an occasion for her friends and family. We girls love to dress up and thats why I spent forever trying to find the perfect gown to wear.


In the end, I settled for a sky blue Versace gown that I fell in love with the moment I laid eyes on it. January Jones, one of my favourite leading ladies, wore this dress to the Golden Globes- and if January likes it, so do I. Finding the accessories was relatively easy, as I didn't want to overload the look, so I stuck to a beautiful Rodo clutch, embellished with crystals.


I wish I had photos of all the beautiful gowns worn on the day, but I must say, that all the guests looked dazzling, which you can see in the pictures below. As always, our Azeri ladies were immaculately groomed and insanely stylish.


As for the bride, well she looked breathtaking. Her dress was a custom made gold/champagne coloured Ellie Saab, beautifully fitted around the waist and the hips and then flowing out into a full skirt with a long train. Every inch of the dress was covered in crystals, sequins and jaw dropping embroidery. The bride really looked unforgettable.


The wedding took place in Almaty, Kazakhstan, where I lived for 18 months as a child with my parents. However, all I remember of the city is the knee deep snow in winter, sleighs and snowmen. That's why when I went back 18 years later, I was gobsmacked by how beautiful the city is in Summer. Soviet and modern architecture are nestled amongst lush greenery and surrounded on all sides by sweeping snow covered mountains. If anyone has the opportunity to visit, I highly recommend it, because the country is absolutely VAST and there is truly so much to see.
























5 comments:

  1. great post. you and your friends are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me where the yellow dress and the cream clutch (girl in pink) r from ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments!

    The yellow dress is Giambattista Valli and the cream clutch is Bottega Veneta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look incredible =)

    We (Azeri Ladies) Rock every outfit!!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe thank u :))) and ur so right

    ReplyDelete