Thursday, 2 June 2011

Beauty Review: Winning Foundation

Right ladies, time for a review of the best beauty products. For an evening out, nothing is more important than the right foundation- and trust me, I've tried them all!


Bobbi Brown, Dior, Mac, Loreal, Armani, Chanticielle, Laura Mercier, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Creme de la Mer... and the list goes on... and on..... and... on.......


Since your skin is the first thing anyone sees, you cant get away with a dodgy foundation. And you know what I mean by dodgy. We've all been there, that unexpected flash of ourselves in a car window or a shiny door knob, and the subsequent mental 'urgh!'


Signs of BAD Foundation: Tide marks, patches, streaks, orangey, huge pores, oily skin. The worst foundation I HAVE EVER tried, that gave me all of the above, has been MAC. 


The problem with MAC is that its sticky, heavy and leaves a hideous finish. It is makeup designed for the camera, anywhere else it is garish and will leave people wandering if your a Martha, or an Arthur?


And so we move from the bad to the fab. In my opinion, the best foundation is NUMBER 7, PROTECT AND PERFECT! It came as a bit of a shock to find how great this product is. Usually from the moment I apply foundation, I cannot wait to take it off. But this is different, you don't even notice it's there.


The consistency is perfect, it is silky and glides on so naturally. It leaves skin looking luminous. There is a great choice of shades to choose from (7 in total) and the best thing is, your skin looks PERFECT, but not in a "I'm wearing foundation" sort of way. What's more, is that it's a snip at £15.50. However sadly, it is only available from Boots or online.

Christian Dior Airflash comes a trailing second, it gives a very good base, however, the shade is a little grey and without bronzer leaves you looking like a zombie bride.


xoxo


Hanushka Ibrahimova





1 comment:

  1. For me, the best foundation ever is Face fabric by Giorgio Armani. It's really expensive but it is worth it. It looks so natural, kind of "I'm wearing nothing"!

    ReplyDelete