Thursday, 30 June 2011

Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us.

Dennis Raines is a printmedia artist living and working Seattle. Here are some some pages from his sketch books which give an indication of how he works and the processes he goes through in creating his work. I was really excited by these photos on his flickr because I think there is something so personal in what people write in their own books/ journals.


I have millions of moleskin and Smythson notebooks and doodle in them constantly. All in all I probably have 16 books bursting with pictures and stuff that happened to me between the ages of 9 and 22. I love the feeling of getting to the last page and then flicking back through them, and most of all reading some of the ridiculously stupid things I wrote years ago. 







No comments:

Post a Comment