Tuesday, 26 July 2011

"He was a bold man that first eat an oyster" Jonathan Swift

It would be an understatement to say I'm obsessed with Oysters. I'll eat them breakfast, lunch and supper, and frequently inbetween. In fact, I'm pretty much constantly thinking about my next hit.
The best thing about them is that it doesn't matter if you slurp them with champagne in Scotts or buy them from a little shack on the coast, they require no preparation and so it's all about the freshness.
The fines de claires are my preferred variety and have a sweet delicate flavour, as opposed to the stronger more metallic taste of something like Jersey oysters.
They say you should tip them in your mouth and swallow. I prefer to gently caress them with my teeth first (it brings out the flavour). But whatever your technique, don't over-chew these babies and enjoy.


Favourite London Oyster Bars


Scotts restaurant, Mayfair, 20 Mount St


Poissonnerie de l'Avenue, 82 Sloane Avenue 











No comments:

Post a Comment