Tuesday, 5 July 2011

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on. Winston Churchill

Some things have happened lately that have made me repeatedly pinch myself in Descartesian scepticism over whether they are actually happening to me, or whether I am going to wake up from a bad dream and blissfully discover myself somewhere back in June. 


Unfortunately, the events I refer to have been very very unpleasant and despite trying my best to prevent them, ultimately the ball was in someone else's court. Those who know what's been happening are absolutely gobsmacked by the whole thing, but no one more so than me.


We all know the old saying.. 'you think you know someone..', but unfortunately I now speak from experience that you never really know what someone is capable of, even when you once believed in them 100%. My words may sound dramatic and nothing would give me greater pleasure than if that were the case- but unfortunately it isn't. 


And before you jump to banal conclusions, the thing I'm referring to isn't utterly stupid and everyday like say, a bad break-up, a friend spreading gossip or even someone falling ill (god forbid). The events read like the plot of a John Grisham thriller, however for certain reasons, I will refrain from revealing them here.


However, if you are reading this, I am still holding out faith and hoping that somehow honesty and justice will prevail.















No comments:

Post a Comment