Monday, 11 July 2011

VALENTINO HAUTE COUTURE FALL 2011 - THE LAST OF THE ROMANOVS

Valentino is the one exception to my stance on haute couture. They debuted an exquisite collection of dresses during Paris Couture Week. The collection made a big impression on me due to the beautiful detailing on the dresses and the inspiration behind them, which was the first wave of Russian aristocratic emigres who fled to Paris post the 1917 revolution.

My maternal grandmother is from Yakutsk, Sibera whilst my paternal granma is from Moscow, which makes me half Russian when you do the maths and weirdly nostalgic for Russian culture, despite having never lived there. So until someone does Haute Couture inspired by Azeri national dress, this is gonna have to do.
















No comments:

Post a Comment