Monday, 15 August 2011

Review: Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

You are all probably aware that I've been raving about Liz Earle products for a while now. But truly, they are the best, don't irritate my skin and leave it absolutely glowing- seriously ladies!


This was why I was super excited when the lovely Andrea from the Liz Earle team sent me a sample of their brand new product: The Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint, which hits the shelves on September 15th 2011.




The Sheer Skin Tint is halfway between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. Now I HATE foundation and wearing stuff on my skin, so usually I will try to skip that stage and use tinted moisturiser instead to give a hint of colour. However, ladies who use tinted moisturiser will tell you, the application is a nightmare and the colour often comes out uneven and blotchy. The worst product I've ever used was the Chanel tinted moisturiser which is truly horrific and left me with skin like Jodie Marsh.


So I was apprehensive. After all I thought, 'Liz Earle doesn't really do cosmetics. If Chanel and Dior cannot get their act together, what hope is there for the rest of the world...?'







The day the package arrived my fingers were itching to try it. There are three shades; bare, beige and beach, so obviously I went for the beach. The tint is enriched with SPF 15, avocado, vitamin E, borage and all sorts of other wonderful botanicals. So not only are you getting coverage, you are also getting nourishment for your skin.


When I squeezed some onto my hand I noticed that the colour was absolutely perfect and the texture quite creamy. When applied to the face I was very pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it went on and the beautiful glow it gave, the cream really sunk in and became the same shade as my skin, although it seemed to be a bit lighter to begin with. It's both light but at the same time it gives the ideal level of coverage. You don't have the lifeless, trowelled on look that thicker products give, but you have a wonderful summery glow and your skin looks great.


ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS PRODUCT, £21 FOR 4OML, WILL DEFINITELY BE BUYING MORE WHEN MINE RUNS OUT.


Thank you Lizzy and Team! xxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment