Tuesday, 23 August 2011

You'll never be perfect, but you should still try.

Everyone has something about themselves that they like, hopefully it's more than one thing. But everyone has something.


For me it's my hair. Not to brag, but it's long, shiny, healthy and completely mine.  Because of its length, on first meet, people assume I have extensions but I smugly let them yank a few strands and see for themselves





Good Hair Regime


1. Wash every day.


They say it strips you hair and scalp of oils and nutrients etc. I say that's rubbish. I can't stand hair that's not freshly washed and I also think its better for your hair and scalp to use a good quality shampoo daily followed by massaging in a good conditioner and mask.


2. Apply a mask, EVERY DAY


This is one of the most important things you can do for your hair. I am constantly buying new products to try and amongst my favourites are anything by Fredrick Fekkai and Phillip Kingsley is pretty good too.


Kerastase is lauded by many, but I don't see a particular improvement when using it. If you ask me there masks are over-rated although their leave-in range is pretty good.


3. Trim the ends once a week.


Once a week I will go through the ends of my hair with a pair of scissors. It keeps the ends fresh and my hair seems to grow super fast afterwards.


4. Always apply a glossing, smoothing and nourishing leave in conditioner after washing.




It may seem like a lot of work, but we shower, brush our teeth and wash our faces everyday. So if you ask me, the same should apply to your tresses.






No comments:

Post a Comment