Saturday, 3 September 2011

The HOLY GRAIL of Chinese Food

Right guys, I know that the LM usually profiles places where reservations and heels are de rigeur, however, on this occasion I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't tell you about the BEST Chinese food in Londonium.

Any Chinese person will tell you that the Four Seasons in Bayswater (and the one in Chinatown)reigns supreme in the food ranks. It doesn't matter if you've got 'expensive tastes' (we all have that completely pretentious someone who goes to great lengths to tell us this)- THIS IS FOOD THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO LIKE, even if you are packed like an oily sardine in an unassuming eatery in the armpit of Bayswater high street.

So the food WILL blow your mind. There were 4 of us yesterday and here are some of the yummiest dishes.

1. ROAST DUCK (their speciality, best in Europe).
2. Prawn Dumplings
3. Chicken Chow-mein
4. Crispy beef in a sweet sauce

Plus I could not believe the bill- £60 for 4 people! Cheap as chips.

I can confidently say that I prefer the food to China Tang (dorchester), Kai, Hakkassan or Princess Garden. So as much as I can urge you to try something, I urge you to try the Four Seasons.


84 Queensway
London W2 3RL
020 7229 4320





2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right about the food. I have been a regular there for 3 years now, helps that I live just 3 min away. You can call them and order the food for pick up as well if you know what you want. Crispy chillie beef is a personal favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knoooow! The food is amazing, I am sitting at home now and fantasising about my next meal. I envy you for being so close :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete