Monday, 12 September 2011

NYFW Victoria Beckham Spring 2012 Presentation

To be honest, I'm not crazy about VB's Spring 2012 collection, although until now I have been a fan of her clothes and the feminine, body conscious styling. 


My problem is that the collection has a womanly luxe-sportswear feel and is somehow more 'American' than her previous designs. I don't know what it is, but looking at the collection I think; Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, DKNY, Calvin Klein.. none of which I particularly like. 


I understand that a designer should constantly evolve and the no one wants to see the same thing season after season, however I still feel that Victoria has lost some of the 'continental sophistication' that her previous work has displayed. Furthermore, there are no 'stand out' pieces, whereas usually there will always be a dress or two that I think is amazing, but not this time. 


Overall, I think this collection is a little too sporty, a bit too experimental and has lost the essence of what she is about; classic womanly shapes to flatter any figure and make you feel like a goddess.






























No comments:

Post a Comment