Sunday, 4 September 2011

The only things you'll regret are the chances you didn't take

We make decisions everyday, from the friends we see and what we share with them, to the colour of our socks and the number of hours wasted living vicariously through Facebook. 


I always find that it's the things I didn't feel like doing in the first place that give me the most satisfaction. 


You know what I'm talking about, that inward sigh we draw when we agree to something we aren't really bothered about. The nagging question of 'Why did I say I'd do this again?' and then the terrible predicament of being too polite to cancel. So somehow you end up somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with friends you haven't seen in years, laughing your heads off over bad bad coffee and stale biscuits, but somehow enjoying it so much more for being so unexpectedly fun and lighthearted.


It's after moments like this you remember all the things you didn't do, the moments where politeness didn't prevail and your response was a flat out "No, I don't feel like trekking through the Cambodian jungle, thank you very much" and you wonder about the sunsets you didn't see, the people you didn't meet and the smiles the never happened.


Don't wait around to do the things you want, because they won't wait for you.













No comments:

Post a Comment