Saturday, 19 November 2011

Countdown to Christmas.

The countdown has started. Everywhere I go I'm surrounded by tinsel, fairy lights and mince pies being waved in my face. Just over a month before we'll be unwrapping the presents beneath the tree and eating that last delicious piece from our advent calendars.
So its only natural that I start making a list for santa and his little helpers (note the plural).
So the first thing I'd like this year is this really cool lamp.

Supernatural Moon Nightlight by designer Nosigner (Eisuke Tachikawa) 

I'm not exactly sure why I need one, but lust is never rational. Apparently the lamp is a completely accurate scaled down (obviously) version of the moon in its biggest cycle for 18 years, which is traditionally a symbol of hope in Asian cultures.
Also, the lamp is based off of the lunar orbiter, Kaguya's 3D topographic data of the moon- doubly cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment