Monday, 14 November 2011

Keeping out the Cold - Moncler

Winter has finally arrived to London. The skies darken earlier with each passing day and the street lamps glow yellow by 3.15pm.  The chill in the air forced me off my bike this morning into the arms of warmer forms of transport and in search of some new cashmeres.

Luckily I have my Monclers to keep me warm. They are the ultimate in outerwear for frosty winter mornings and steaming breath weather.


Tumblr_lrtmlzds5r1r3tcv5o1_500_large

 To those not in the know, the jackets look like an unfortunate throwback to 90s puffa-jackets and indeed I remember pairing mine with khaki combats and a crop-top in that sartorially damaged decade. Fortunately today, I'm more low-key with my ensembles and prefer to wear them with uggs, jeans and neutral knits. They are toasty warm and their down filled lining will ensure you're ready for the bitterest of blizzards.


They retail between £600-£2000, but will last you for many a winter and are of an impeccable quality. If you are a seasonal shopper and don't wear things year to year then Uniqlo do a high street version for under £50, also with a down lining.


956eba8e4f37f620_large

3247742671_b0a8c0a0de_b_large

20081212165711

No comments:

Post a Comment