Friday, 20 January 2012

Hand Illustrated Card

The other day I received a lovely card from my friend. I went to the huge card department at Harrods, but somehow nothing tickled my fancy. The novelty cards, the naughty cards, the 'stylish' cards.. everything was sort of naff and unappealing. So in true Blue Peter fashion I decided to make my own.





What you will need


1. Thick quality card in your colour of choice (Rymans)
2. Black fabric pen or permanent marker.
3. Scissors
4. A little Imagination  


When illustrating your card, think about the message you want to convey- for example my illustration is totally appropriate for this particular friendship.


Valentines day is around the corner, so why not do this for your guy/gal. But it can't be any stranger, because then it's just plain weird, so pick someone you know sufficiently well. And remember, you don't need to be an artist, these sorts of cards are super cool because they are imperfect. The more amateur, the better.



9 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    I love this card, it's so cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!
    In my blog was just endend a fantastic giveaway by Moschino, another one soon! Hope you visit it! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so gorgeous- you should set up a little business. I would be your first customer. I might try this, but I know mine will end up looking a lot more 'homemade'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all :)

    Caterina, next giveaway I'm all over it hehe

    And Little T, as much fun as making these babies is- I think you would be my only customer :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. very interesting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete