Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Captain Jimmy's Fiesta Boat

"ALL ABOARD the Fiesta Boat! Now come on folks, don't be shy. Leave all your worries at the shore, walk through the door and get ready to partaay with Captain Jimmy" ...  Yes, someone actually said that. Only in America.

On our first day in Miami, me, my ma and our friends decided to go on a tourist boat trip around the small mansion dotted inlets that fringe the Miami coast.

We boarded an old 80s banger of a boat that played forgotten disco classics from what I suspect was 'Now That's What I Call Music 1992'

A fat Floridian man (the only American I've met so far) was the Captain. "Are you Captain Jimmy?" I asked.  "No, I'm Captain Nick" he chuckled. I solemnly nodded and ventured that Captain Jimmy has more of a ring to it. And so we floated, past coral coloured retro houses, colonial style columned mansions, minimalistic boxy white affairs and every other mish-mash of architectural styles humanly conceivable. Yup, that's America for you.

















4 comments:

  1. This post is amazingly well written as always. Love Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicky! That's so sweet of you :) I'll be updating loads more xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh I'm so jealous! Look at that sunset!

    One question... where are the outfit pics?! I want to see your glorious holiday wardrobe, missy! xx




    The Londoner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweety! Reason I have not done any outfit posts is because I am soo burnt! Like a grilled tomato. Dont want to alarm everyone. But I have decided to work the lobster today and do some pics!

      Delete