Saturday, 25 February 2012

Dog Lessons for People

Plato had his weekly groom today at Pet Pavilion on Gloucester Road. After 4 hours of washing, massaging, scrubbing, clipping and fluffing he came out as dapper as a true gentlemen, complete with buttercup-yellow bow in his hair.

Whilst at his appointment, he met Daisy, a lady shih-tzu. And my oh my was he taken with her (just look at the lolling tongue). She however was of a steely disposition and had no interest in being the object of Plato's undying affections. Her motivations were purely material- treats. 

Poor fella was pretty despondent, so I promised him Japanese for dinner. After all, there is no heartbreak that a few Maki rolls wont solve.

Avoid biting when a growl will do
But I love you Daisy...
Try telling Daisy that
Maybe she wont notice if I sidle up beside her
Let me go goddamnit 
He is starting to get really annoying with all his wagging and panting...

2 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable post. Little Plato is such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete