Monday, 27 February 2012

Review: Carpacio, Bal Harbour. Miami

Touched down in Miami this afternoon. A couple of hours and I am already in LOVE with this city. Everything about it is like a movie, from the tall, lazy, gently-swaying palm trees to the warm sticky embrace of the balmy salty air.

Something about this place really does things to a gal's appetite. So naturally as soon as we changed into the obligatory holiday wardrobe (big floppy hats, t-shirts and digital slrs)  we headed to Carpacio, one of the best Italians in town; which happens to be across the road from our hotel.


 We ordered the calamari, lentil soup, three bean and spinach soup, lobster pasta and Veal Milanese. Now forgive me for it is my first time in the States; however my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when I saw the colossal portions. Up flashed an image of me climbing onto my chair and shouting 'Superrrrsize me' at the top of my lungs and just to be sure I had to double check that I had not in fact done this. With my fears assuaged I proceeded to enjoy the best Lobster pasta I've ever had. The rest of the food was pretty yummy too- although the calamari were super rubbery and about as palatable as a gel iphone case. 


Unsurprisingly, I couldn't get through more than a quarter of my pasta before I felt like I'd consumed the whole of Maine's lobster population. If you go to Carpacio, heed my advice and share dishes because this place really has the more is more approach. Shame I didn't leave room for desert because it looked mighty fine.


Carpacio, 9700 Collins Ave










4 comments:

  1. are the portions really that big or are u using hyperbole? :D

    sounds like my idea of heaven

    Ali Baba

    ReplyDelete
  2. The portions are HUGE. No hyperbole! I don't know how people stay skinny in this country

    ReplyDelete
  3. They dont... - 2/3 of American adults are obese

    Ali Baba

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want more posts!

    ReplyDelete