Friday, 24 February 2012

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.

I love tea and never leave a supermarket without bagfuls of something special. In fact I'm a bit of a tea snob and prefer the ritual of making a freshly brewed pot from loose leaves. 

Recently, I read a review of the best teas on the market as voted by experts and confirmed by the Financial Times in their 'How to Spend it' supplement. Serious, no nonsense tea aficionados put hundreds of brands to the test, both bespoke and widely available. 

Against all odds, Marks & Spencer's Empress Grey came out on top. So naturally, I picked up a box on my next food shop. Pretty darn good. Light, fragrant, golden, sort of smells of orange blossom. Perfect. 


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! This is my favourite tea, halfway between early grey and lady grey. Perfect with a tiny dab of honey and a slice of lemon! In fact you have just inspired my morning cuppa!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanushka I tried the Waitrose pecan pie you posted about ages ago and am addicted. I trust your judgement 100%

    ReplyDelete