Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Salt Beef, Berry Milkshake, Cinnamon Doughnuts and Chocolate Sauce- Drooling yet?

On Sunday afternoon I went for a catch-up to The Riding House Cafe with my good friend Tasha. Now some of my friends have helpfully criticised my blog for being too 'West London' and therefore I was relieved when Tash suggested somewhere outside my Kensington post code; a lovely British Brasserie nestled behind Topshop Oxford Circus. We would have a nice lunch, I would snap some pictures, do a little review and all would be right with the world.....

But little did I know that I would be having a 'When Harry Met Sally' moment (twice!) first over the Reubens Salt Beef sandwich and then over the cinnamon doughnuts; YES YES YES.

The food was absolutely epic and ridiculously inexpensive for somewhere this tasty ( Lunch for two came to £38 including service). The vibe was also great and the staff were super-helpful.

Tasha and I found ourselves musing that if you're going on a date this is the place to bring your gal; especially if like the majority of our gender, sugary fried batter makes her swoon- hopefully right into your big strong arms.

But if your squeeze aint a glutton, then do not fear. Take your friends, go on a Sunday, try the roast or the Reubens Salt Beef Sandwich- LEAVE ROOM FOR THE DOUGHNUTS!


43-51 Great Titchfield Street  London W1W 7PQ
020 7927 0840























2 comments:

  1. Can't believe someone criticized you for being too "West London". The blog is called Luxury Marionette after all. If readers are looking for more East London, Camden, trendy & 'alternative' restos and looks, there are plenty of blogs and tumblrs for that. It's much better to have a blog specialized on a certain area than to have a little bit of everything. I prefer quality over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I think you have a point and agree that it should always be more about quality. I know there are lots of nice places outside SW7, but I guess I just have to make more of an effort to find them! xxx

      Delete