Thursday, 8 March 2012

Skeletons in my Closet: Evolution in New York City

Spent an exceptionally memorable afternoon hanging around Soho in Lower Manhattan. The area is made up of hip art galleries, delectable brasseries and trendy boutiques.

'Evolution' immediately caught my eye. A curious little shop of 'Science and Art'; filled with skeletons, prehistoric fossils, beetles and taxidermy. I've always revelled in the slightly weird and offbeat so found myself in heaven. I hung around for the good part of an hour, nose pressed up against the glass; surveying the sad butterflies in their dead vibrant splendour. 

Bought myself a phrenology head to put in my bedroom. Crackpot 1850s science? Maybe. But something I've always wanted.

I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free- Charles Dickens

The Evolution Store 
120 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012


























No comments:

Post a Comment