Tuesday, 24 April 2012

At the violet hour

If you read my blog, you'll know I'm cray-cray about the countryside. What started on a childhood visit to Shropshire, snowballed into an impossibly exciting night in a tent on a Duke of Edinburgh expedition and culminated in me dragging my unfortunate family to the top of Mount Helvellyn in the Lake District last year. 


In fact I cannot imagine a better way to spend a weekend then a couple of friends, a bucolic country setting, dog on a lead, a guitar, someone who can play the guitar and pictionary. This is why when I chanced upon these breathtaking photos of the English countryside by photographer Martin Turner I knew it was time to plan a weekend getaway. Watch this space because as soon as the thermostat inches into the twenties I am collaring the mischief-makers and cookie-bakers amongst my friends into a compulsory mini-break and The Wheatsheaf Inn in the Cotswolds has our name written all over it. However, we are having a trial run in Tetbury, deep in the Gloucestershire countryside. My favourite people, marshmallow fondue over the fire, rambling country walks, drinks in the local pub and pony rides.


Some Pre-Requisites
- Polaroid camera
- Boxes of sweets
- Strawberry laces
- Blankets and cashmere socks 
- Binoculars
- Acoustic guitar & harmonica
- Ipod
- monopoly and scrabble
- your loudest singing voice
- Hunter wellies
- Spin the bottle
- a kite
- Moet & Chandon rose
Sasha Holland 














2 comments:

  1. wow these photos are stunning!!! I love visiting places with scenery like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning picture hanushka, really breath taking! x

    ReplyDelete