Monday, 9 April 2012

Drove my chevy to the levee.. But the levee was dry

Some pictures from my weekend in Stockholm. We live right at the water's edge and our windows look out at a perfect glittering lake (when it isn't moodily changing colour). I can walk for hours around here and the quaint little coffee-shops that line the route are always a welcome deliverance from the bracing Nordic chill. 

And when I come home, my granny (whose life purpose is turning me into a contender for the national Japanese sumo team) will unfailingly serve up the most indecent portions of freshly baked goodies. This time, she took particular exception to me buying shop bought cinnamon buns, so out came the rolling pin and the 'anything the seven-eleven can do, I can do better' attitude. She was right though, I have not had anything so good in months. See you soon, Tokyo.


Yummiest buns in Stockholm; Made by my granny 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, these photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..they make london feel particularly grim right now xx

      Delete
  2. Im so confused right now, I thought you lived in London!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do live in London, but my family's second home is in Sweden, so I visit occasionally :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow the pictures are amazing, so beautiful. Thanks for stepping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I'm your newest follower, hope you loved my blog too, and maybe will follow back!

    Ocean Wind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweden is one country that I am dying to visit. It looks gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cool! Some extremely valid ρointѕ! I aрpreciate you wrіting thiѕ post plus
    the rest of the site is reallу good.
    Here is my blog ... Last Minute Vergleich

    ReplyDelete