Friday, 20 April 2012

Review; Rossano Ferretti London

"That's today's news, now let's take a look at the week's weather".. Rain. Rain. And more Rain.  

I really should have been more prepared, but was caught in an almost mythical deluge. Soaked and cowering in a doorway I half expected to see Noah's Ark floating up Piccadilly.

Then I had the misfortune of catching sight of my reflection in a car door. My hair was a mess. I looked like Professor Snape and my evening plans meant I needed a hairdresser. PRONTO.

And that is how I ended up in Rossano Ferretti's newly opened Mayfair Hairspa in St George St. Located across five floors of a beautiful Georgian Mansion, formerly home of William Morris, the salon feels more like a luxury hotel. I breathed a sigh of relief, left my coat at the door and spent the next two hours cocooned in this shrine to glossy locks. 

Rossano, who is the world's most expensive hairdresser, is known for 'The Method', cutting hair naturally so that it falls according to its natural movement. No harsh geometric or dodgy bobs here, but soft elegant beautiful styles. I cannot tell you the number of times a hairdresser has tried to go 'scissor-happy' on my waist length tresses, but not here. Rossano's approach is cutting hair only where it needs it and optimising its natural beauty.

After washing my hair with Shu Uemura ceremony and a magical 10 minute head massage, we were ready to rocknroll. I was off to dinner at the Ritz with a friend's family and opted for loose romantic waves. My amazing stylist, Clare Young used a barrel brush and breathtaking dexterity to tease my looks into smooth tumbling waves, as we chatted about our lives and divulged little secrets that you only tell your hairdresser. Little more than an hour later I was transformed, with a head of hair that was more Sleeping Beauty than Snape and an appointment in the book for next time. What's more is that Rossano has salons worldwide, so whether you are in LA or the Four Seasons Maldives you can enjoy some of his magic hair fairy-dust.

17 St. George Street, London, 0207-493-0555




View from the Salon's roof terrace

11 comments:

  1. is that your real hair or do you have extensions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, completely my own, wouldn't touch extensions- yuck. xx

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks sensational darl.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love your hair! Mine is that long but unfortunately not as shinny and princess like :( Any tips?

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I wash my hair every day/ 2 days and put a mask in every single time I do. It really makes a difference. I also trim the ends by a tiny amount once a week, so I never need to go for proper haircuts and the ends stay in good condition. It's really all about the conditioner. And then always put serum in the ends when its wet, so it brushes out and dries easily... phew, i know it sounds like a lot of work, but it works xxxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Hanushka!!! And no, I don't think it's a lot of work if I can ever get to have a hair like yours ;)

      xox

      Delete
  4. I have been thinking of booking an appointment at Rosanno Ferretti and since you went there I wanted to ask, who did you see? Which Shu Uemura treatment did you do? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tove, I had the lovely Clare Young :) Let me know how you get along xxx

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have a good thing going here Miss Luxury Marionette, love your writing. Your visit to the salon sounds like Carrie Bradshaw's favorite date xx

    Aisha

    www.themiddlofhere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aisha, thanks for checking me out :) love ur blog! xxx

      Delete