Friday, 4 May 2012

The first time I sang in the church choir; two hundred people changed their religion.

Lamentably I don't sing in a church choir. But if I did the above would be true.


Episcopal appreciation has always been a wee pleasure of mine. From shadowy gothic cathedrals to renaissance basilicas or simple country temples of local devotion and community. Perhaps because my perception of my environment has always been quite cinematic that resultantly choral music, saurian gargoyles and endless spluttering ghostly flames leave me giddy.


Here are some photos of St Abbots Church on Kensington High Street and off the eponymous Kensington Church St. Consecrated in 1262 the neo-gothic structure was completed in the 1870s. Occasionally on walking past I'll slip inside and idle away a few moments in the pews, with a more often than not absent congregation.  


If you are reading this, I hope you appreciate the lengths I go to for your viewing pleasure; borderline ecclesiastical sacrilege perpetrated with the help of my iphone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment