Monday, 20 August 2012

Antique Ghosts: Les Puces de Saint-Ouen

Welcome to Paris' most famous flea market and the largest antique market in the world. Rosie mentioned it on her blog and since it had her seal of approval, I decided to check it out (The Londoner). 

The market is spread across a whopping 7 hectares and is open on weekends until 6pm. As you can imagine, given its size, there is a lot to see.

I wandered, cafe creme in hand, past countless stalls of relics and retro. I love the weird and the wonderful, so for me this was ideal hunting ground. 

Then I saw him and fell head over wedges for a ceramic bust of Mao Zedong. But try as I may, I couldn't haggle the vendor down; she must have loved the Chairman too, as in her estimation he was worth more than a Ming dynasty vase.

I felt sad. I ate a crepe. The crepe was good. I felt happy. Make sure you try it.

140 Rue des Rosiers  93400 Saint-Ouen, France


Favourite Related Posts

Can I Borough You?




 
































7 comments:

  1. I had this one my "to-go" list on my recent trip to Paris but unfortunately didn't have time to make it there :( looks like a lot of interesting stuff
    the crepe looks sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS PLACE! Moi aussi je suis allée ;)! Love it next time eat here: http://millyandolly.com/2012/03/17/restaurant-review-le-biron-saint-ouen/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the one time i don't ask Ms Castellini for travel advice, i miss a total gem- typical! xxx

      Delete
  3. Cant believe I've never been despite the fact Paris seems to be our go to for weekend breaks and cheap holidays, definitely popping it on my list of things to do. How amazing were the crepes? my tummy is rumbling just looking at them- yummy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the crepes are pure sin. every bite. xxx

      Delete
  4. Very interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to spend my teen years at les puces! Great post darling

    T x

    ReplyDelete