Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Nothing Says Lovin’ Like Something from the Oven

I like looking at pictures of food. Give me a pair of glorious golden buns drizzled with something sweet and I'm practically foaming at the mouth. 

The other day one of my neighbours sent me over a box of warm freshly baked chocolate chip and pecan cookies.  This led to a violent brawl in my living room over who would get the last one. 

This got me to thinking. Why don't more people bake? I love getting my Delia on in the kitchen. On goes the novelty apron, hair in a topknot and little mushroom clouds of flour as you crack the eggs into the mixture. This is followed by the best bit and it smells of pure heaven.






I go to Joy the Baker for my recipes... Follow the link for a recipe for the most decadent Lemon Raspberry Breakfast Rolls. I also add some apricot or raspberry jam along with the fresh fruit, as I like it extra-sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment