Sunday, 2 September 2012

'A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving' Lao Tzu

I’m moving to Hong Kong in a week.

Uprooting my happy existence and hightailing it to Asia. My philosophy is that you never really know how good (or bad) you have it until you jump the fence. Change always brings perspective, without which we stagnate. The grass is mostly greener. And when it’s not, well consequences are the price we pay for true freedom. I hope you can excuse me. It’s 3.35am on a Sunday morning, my favourite hour of the day for hyperbolic existentialist generalisations.


Now... where were we?


Tumblr_ll9ewyyb4d1qajro7o1_500_large
Pinned Image



Oh yes.. I remember.

Those who I expect to miss me, have questioned my judgement. ‘Have you thought this through?’ … ‘Do you know anyone there?’ … ‘What are you going to do?’

My response to the above has been… Nien.. Nien and Nien.

It was a decision taken lightly. I don’t have a plan, but I know it’s going to be an adventure.

Why waste your time and youth muddling along in the claustrophobic safety of a comfortable routine. There'll be time aplenty for that. So it's with utter excitement that I've booked a one way ticket and who knows when I'll return (I dont!..

Of course, I do not intend to leave you behind. No siree. These pages will soon be brimming with the jewels of the orient: fluffy dumplings, rickshaws, kitsch souvenirs and exotic panoramas. One week to go.





Hongkong_by_wlop-d5bs141_large
Pinned Image
Tumblr_l53jj4cvcc1qafocqo1_500_large
Pinned Image
Tumblr_m748ouhywt1qkyjz3o1_500_large
Tumblr_m2dp1uoubu1rqqnhno1_500_large
296077_10150350287130703_542710702_8717985_627295441_n_large


Tumblr_m1ayabukog1rq2ed8o1_1280_large
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
20080929183325_large


13 comments:

  1. I think it's fun just moving to another city without much of a plan..makes it more exciting.
    I'm sure you'll love HK! My family is from there so I go back every so often. Already looking forward to your posts/photos there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I am 'pass me a paper bag excited' xxx

      Delete
  2. Dear Hanushka,
    As a new avid reader of your blog I wanted to wish you the best as you embark on your new adventure. I look forward to what’s to come and hope it all works out for the best.
    I have spent the last few days reading your old posts and as well as them being wonderfully entertaining, you have a beautiful writing style and it’s a pleasure to read.
    All the best and bon voyage!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cara

      Thank you for your wishes and the lovely compliment on my writing style *blush*. I hope indeed that the move works out for the best or at the very least gives me a sense on perspective on everything :) xxxx

      Delete
  3. what are you running away from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the question is, what am I running towards?

      Delete
  4. Good luck on the journey! May God keep you in good health and provide all that you seek!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me want to grab a friend and leave my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This all sounds so exciting! I can't wait to read about your fabulous future adventures!

    Gem x
    Http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ''Why waste your time and youth muddling along in the claustrophobic safety of a comfortable routine.''

    Now i love this blog even more!!!
    I'm about to move as well to another country.
    Good luck to both of us!

    Maya xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you moving?! xxx

      Delete
    2. Now it's my turn to feel slightly envious! You will love it - breathtaking natural landscapes, vast territories to explore and mother nature in all her glory )) xxxx

      Delete