Saturday, 29 December 2012

Instagram Round Up

Christmas has come.. and gone, almost as unexpectedly as the bright shiny baubles in every window display, office block and school. I went on my first 'blogging holiday' to concentrate on some lovely things/ people that required my undivided attention. They still do of course, but a girl's got to prioritise (somehow). 

Here are the best bits from the past few weeks...


Piano Lessons

Since I start working full-time in March I've decided that I need to put these idle hands to good use. Having considered various potentially useless skills, I decided to take up the piano.  A few lessons in and I've finally got BA-BA BLACKSHEEP down.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App



Brasserie Zedel

We checked out London's new Brasserie Zedel, opened by the good people behind the Wolsey and The Delauny. The food was pretty yum and terrifically good value, although the ambiance of the place reminded me a bit of a school cafeteria; rows upon rows of diners in a huge cavernous space and a slight pong of plimsoles.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Great Minds Spend Alike

I'm all about the novelty factor. Vanessa is also a connoisseur of all things kitsch- hence our matching Japanese coin-purses.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Russian Exhibition at the Saatchi and Middle Eastern Exhibition at the V&A

Utterly marvelous exhibition of photography of Russian prison tattoos and of naked homeless people by Mikhailov.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Sunsets on The Serpentine

Now, I like churros and weihnachtskekse as much as the next broad; so obviously I understand the appeal of winter wonderland. But does it come close to a quiet sunset on the serpentine? Nope.



Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Anti-Gravity Yoga

No one likes gravity and although exercise is not an antidote to anything - hanging out in a red silk sling has a certain inexplicable appeal and leaves me feeling pretty neat. Try it at Virgin Active, Kensington.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App









Parisian Food

Spent the afternoon in Paris. Great food. Needs no further explanation.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App



Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Christmas

Christmas with friends and family. All my unbelievable girlfriends were on top form, hosting amazing parties and cooking unbelievable mouth watering delights. The Christmas Turkey at Luna Cafe Knightsbridge was the most staggering bird in town. 

I made my own valuable contribution with my famous artisanal mince pies. Can you believe I made these from scratch? You better believe it. My family refused to eat them but they were gobbled up by Santa, so they must have been good.



Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

2 comments:

  1. It all looks like fun :)

    Have a great Christmas time!

    xoxo
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been DYING to try anti gravity yoga! I've been obsessed with bikram these past few years... looks like I'll have to try something new! Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete