Sunday, 20 January 2013

Girls just want to have..

It's a snowy Sunday afternoon. I write this sitting by the fireplace, smugly ensconced in cream cashmere, picking my way through a box of boozy chocolates. Opps, I've just dropped a half eaten cherry liqueur down my front, karma is a bitch. Before I get too drunk to type I better tell you about this weekend.

Saturday morning Mummy McCoy, Gabi's babe-a-licious mum, took us for lunch in Soho. 

I may be a Londoner, but I couldn't resist whipping out the family tartan for the occasion. Although my clan's honour was nearly compromised as the garment was caught in a breeze from a passing taxi making a spectacular getaway.  And where did you think you were going mister? 


Lunch was at Foxcroft and Ginger in Soho. It does the best soya mocha in the capital, according to me. A rich heady drink served in chintzy porcelain and an irresistible rush of endorphins. 

Then there are the super hunky sandwiches and the brownies; gloopy super compact wedges of filth. Just the way we like it.



The McCoy Ladies


Gabi Rocking her Pilgrim Hat


As we left Foxcroft it was beginning to snow. Luckily our husky and sleigh only had to pull us to B-Soho on Poland Street where our friend, the wonderful Rosie of The Londoner blog was hosting a blogger's lunch. Of course this was really an excuse to do what bloggers do best; eat and instagram pictures of our food.



Personally, I've always prefered Luigi



I had the pleasure of running into the lovely Kelly and her friends Georgia and Lucy. Kelly and I have been cyber-friends for a while, but as soon as we laid eyes on each other embraced like long-lost amigos and were quickly 'updating' each other on important life events.



We then fought our way through a throng of starry-eyed male admirers to reach my two favourite ladies- Rosie and Phoebe. Phoebe is a model and Rosie is..well.. perfect.

We exchanged exciting tales of our weekend, moaned about significant (and insignificant) others and took more photos than Narcicus. When all was said and done (although 'all' is never really said) we hugged till we were black and blue, for it would be another 5 hours till we saw each other again!


Rose and Pheebus



12 comments:

  1. The problem with your blog is that always makes me want to eat A LOT but anyway I love it!

    x

    Estelle

    http://serendipity2307.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, you are just great xoxoxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!
    Was so lovely meeting you at the event!
    Lots of love G xxx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fun filled weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very exciting to be in one of your pictures. You can see the back of me and my bum seems to be touching your bag. Disappointingly I was too shy to say hi.
    So close and yet so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha getting drunk off of chocolates- i'd die if i dirtied a creamy cashmere sweater! and i laughed out loud at how your family's honor was almost compromised by the wind from a taxi- i HATE when that happens. It's a burden to bear, being cute. And Soho must have been lovely to hang out in, your pictures are so pretty!

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tartan skirt! I all into tartan this season :)
    Really looks fab, also with these tights!

    Love,
    Svenjaxx
    Happybluebird

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swooning over your tartan skirt! So lush!

    Rosie
    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for finally writing about > "Girls just want to have.." < Liked it!
    Check out my web blog http://bostaditurkiet.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos!
    I just came upon your blog and I am really enjoying it, new follower here!

    xx A.
    glimpsesofa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. is loks great, wish i had started or more kept up my blog sooner so i could have attend. Please have a look and give me any thought you may have of what I should add.

    Thanks
    http://justthinkinglondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete