Monday, 12 November 2012

Imitate Modern at The Wellington


Fallon is one of my closest friends, blogger and owner of this amazing gallery called Imitate Modern, which I blogged about.... here.... and here.
She also happens to be insanely attractive and adept at throwing the fairest parties in the land. So it was with friends (Rosie, The Londoner) and family, Fidan (sister from another mister) that I headed to a shindig at The Wellington and a night of bellinis, graffiti and dancing.
 Rich Simmons, 25 year old graffiti artist extraordinaire was creating beautiful canvases using stencils in his vivid pop art aesthetic. Never have I seen a man wield a can with so much elan. Funnily enough, I was already famililar with Rich's work since he has recently been transforming parts of my hometown, Baku with amazing murals and street art. At the show, I was particularly impressed by a collaboration that he has done with Tyler Shields, stamping an iconic Tyler image with his own individual brand of cool.
Looks fun? It was. If you're ever around Marylebone, I highly recommend stopping by Imitate Modern. Check out the art, say hi to Fal, instagram a snap of your cultural excursion.
And if you're a budding artiste or art snob in the making, the good news is that Imitate Modern happens to be seeking an intern. Drop them your CV and cross those fingers. 

 








11 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures Hanushka! Looks amazing there :)
    xxx

    www.caraward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, what a brilliant vibe to the place- must have been amazingxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are far too sweet! What a wonderful write-up! Thank you so much for coming! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks so good, also love your dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures Hanushka! Where is your dress from btw? It beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's by Roland Mouret, the Pigalle dress xxx

      Delete
  6. Any chance it was actually you I think I spotted having lunch in Aubaine on Ken High Street last Sat?? Love your dress! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, if you're referring to the girl in her gym kit tucking into a salad- bingo, twas me! :) Should have said hello! xxxx

      Delete
  7. Hi there, I came by your blog while looking for the wellington club photos from the imitate modern event. Did you take all of these photographs yourself? The professional photographers took a few of my friend and me. I'm trying to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING!!!!!! LOVE IT!

    XX http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete